Animal clinic sued after botching dog’s $2K allergy treatment

Written By kom nampuldu on Sabtu, 14 Maret 2015 | 20.49

He brought his precious pooch to a Manhattan animal clinic because of allergies — and the dog nearly died because the veterinarians there botched his treatment, a new lawsuit charges.

Andrew Sachs, a Manhattan lawyer, says in the suit that in 2012 vets at BluePearl New York on West 55th Street gave his then-6-year-old half Shih Tzu, half toy poodle named Mimosa a nearly lethal mixture of prescription pills.

They then provided subpar and overpriced treatment for more than a week as the poor pup got sicker and sicker, the suit charges.

The clinic was more concerned with making money than providing quality care, charging $2,000 a day while withholding news about the dog's worsening condition, according to the lawsuit.

"Throughout the whole experience you're giving [BluePearl] the benefit of the doubt. I don't know anything about veterinary medicine. They're the experts," Sachs told The Post, calling his now-traumatized dog a "member of the family."

BluePearl defended their treatment of Mimosa, but told The Post they are taking Sachs' allegations very seriously.

"We are aware of the facts of this case and the concerns expressed by Mimosa's owner. But we feel confident in the treatment provided to Mimosa by our skilled veterinarians," Dr. Jennifer Welser, chief medical officer for BluePearl, said.

Sachs originally brought Mimosa to BluePearl back in March 2012 in hopes that a specialist could help alleviate the dog's chronic allergies, the suit says.

But the clinic was disorganized from the beginning — Jill Abraham, the vet who administered the toxic mixture of prescription drugs, was "very late" to the appointment and then made excuses, saying, "I'm doing more then I am supposed to be doing," according to the lawsuit.

Mimosa was eventually transferred the to a Pennsylvania clinic, where the dog was saved.

Since the traumatic treatment at BluePearl more than two years ago, the apricot-colored pup has needed home-cooked meals and daily meds to deal with his trauma, the suit says.

"Ever since this, she's a little high-strung and snaps at people," Sachs said. "She's very defensive now."


Anda sedang membaca artikel tentang

Animal clinic sued after botching dog’s $2K allergy treatment

Dengan url

http://makananrasaenak.blogspot.com/2015/03/animal-clinic-sued-after-botching-dogas_14.html

Anda boleh menyebar luaskannya atau mengcopy paste-nya

Animal clinic sued after botching dog’s $2K allergy treatment

namun jangan lupa untuk meletakkan link

Animal clinic sued after botching dog’s $2K allergy treatment

sebagai sumbernya

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar

techieblogger.com Techie Blogger Techie Blogger